Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good Intentions

A few days ago, I had decided I was going to make a stallion tack set for the Cleveland Bay mold. I wanted to try a new technique for a browband. But I only had so much brown leather, so I didn't want to practice with it. Then, I didn't have any gold hardware for the browband. SO, I decided my first attempt would be with black leather and silver hardware (Cleveland Bay tack needs to be brown with gold hardware). It ended up, though, I was pretty pleased with how it turned out and I couldn't just leave it there all alone. So I ended up making this instead:

It still needs some more keepers and some reins. Hopefully I'll get around to making that Cleveland Bay tack! Funny how making one little thing can lead to a completely different tack piece than originally intended!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment